If for any reason you are alarmed or excessively concerned about the condition of your mouth; please call our office at (435) 628-1100 or call Dr. Davis at (435) 817-3135
Being prepared for your surgery is one of the best ways to ensure your entire experience is a positive one.
General Pre-Surgical Instructions
Unless you receive different instructions from your oral surgeon, keep the following in mind:
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) for eight hours prior to your appointment. If you take medications, you should take them with a small sip of water no later than three hours prior to your appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Remove contact lenses, dental prosthetics (dentures), and jewelry.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Fill any prescription pain medications and antibiotics before the day of your surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
Be sure to talk to your oral surgeon if you currently take medications that contain aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve (naproxen), ibuprofen, or Tylenol (acetaminophen); or anticoagulants such as Coumadin, Plavix, Lovenox, and Heparin.
Our surgical patients come to us from Cedar City (Iron County), Hurricane, Page, St. George and surrounding areas.